Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ascending Thoughts



Today I rode a bike for the first time in a few years. It was so much fun & brought back all kinds of fond memories from the past. The feeling of riding along with the wind in my face, I can't describe the joy. The feeling of encountering a hill that was too steep brought other feelings, but they weren't bad ones necessarily.


When I came to my first steep hill I had to get off & push up it. This made me realize how much life is like riding a bike. When you're going downhill everything is easy & fun but when you have to climb to the top of the hill things are a little bit harder. In life, just like on the bicycle, sometimes you may have to get off to push.


From now on that's the way I'm going to look at the hard times I have, like a hill I simply need to climb so I can ride back down the other side. This last year hasn't been easy, but it seems to be getting better. In other words, I'm riding down the hill right now. Perhaps soon, I'll have to get off & push again, but that's okay, I'll still get where I'm going.