Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hater Thoughts


As my online presence has grown, I've learned that being popular online will bring out the haters in droves. Haters are people who are miserable in life & want to take it out on you. The trick to dealing with them is to not let them take what you have & they don't. Those things are success, happiness & friends.

Success anywhere will make people grow jealous of you. It's a sad fact that not everyone will be happy when you do something they can't. No matter that it was your hard work that brought about the success, they won't see that. All they see is that you have something they will never have.

Happiness is the hardest thing to hold onto when you're being attacked by legions of haters, but it can be done. All you have to do is try to picture the people who dish up hate to you & imagine what it's like for them, focusing all that energy into someone they feel they despise. Never ever sink to their level. If you do what they do you're the same as what they are & you won't be happy anymore because you'll be like them, miserable. Rise above them, stay happy & keep smiling.

Friends matter. My friends have been with me every step of the way, teaching me new things, holding my hand when I'm sad, laughing with me when I'm happy. I figured out a while back that you need friends & you should appreciate them & remain loyal, always. True friends are hard to find.

Remember, people get brave online. It's easy to hide behind a computer & do very cruel things anonymously. The people who do it are sad, miserable people who are alone & most likely mentally disturbed. Never let them take what matters to you. Hold on to success, happiness & friends. They don't have that & it's the catalyst for all their evil actions. All famous people have haters. If you look on twitter for example, you will find numerous hate accounts directed at people as high up as the president of the United States. Do you think he cares about some parody account on social media? I'm guessing he does not.